3/22/18 matt newberry blog on video games


Technology in the classroom has been expanded and viewed in so many different ways this semester. For some reason, I completely forgot about the video game aspect of technology and how it can influence learning in the classroom. After viewing the chart of integrating games, it occurred to me how much you can do with video games in a classroom and what it can bring to the students. Developing role playing for students really helps them get involved in the classroom and makes them feel important to the central role of lesson. It also helps the knowledge they’re acquiring stick around for the long haul.
The fact that you can create games with your students really helps get their creativity going.
Retelling a story is a good way to strengthen students’ memory and get a better grasp on the lesson.
Oregon Trail was always a game around when I was younger. The fact this game actually gets students involved in tough decision making, educates them in different aspects of geography, and makes them use math skills is a great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
I personally will use video games in my classroom for any possible subject. I think they can work for any subject well and be efficient to the way students learn.  I think video games are probably most influential to students studying science because of the commonality video games share with science.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/19/18 blog matt newberry

matt newberry blog 10 4/12/18

3/1/18 Matt Newberry